Friday, February 19, 2010

We've Been Busy

It's been a little snowy round here. We've been shoveling people out of the streets. And then I got tired of carrying my shovel...nice boys carry two shovels.
This is me contemplating the snow fort I just don't have the energy to build.



You might wonder why it has taken me so long to post these pictures of Snowmageddon? Well, it should be obvious as you look at the way I shovel. It has taken me a week to finish. Mostly, this picture was supposed to prove my shovelling superiority to one SB. But it doesn't seem to have done the trick. (SB, you are probably right and I will most likely concede at some point.)

These are all my girls shaking out the trees to make sure we didn't down a power line. I stayed safely (warmly) in the house during the shaking. I only like shaking if it involves a baptist preacher or babies (just kidding!) (sort of).

This is actually from the first snow-in but I never posted it...SB has an internal thermostat that is always set at like 200 degrees. This was no big whoop.

And, thus we see that bananas are the first thing to go during a vicious snow storm. SB and I went to the store Monday night before Tuesday's reprise and the vegetables were slim pickins. I guess we really do get so used to having whatever we want when we want it here in this country of ours...this was a wake up call. (Why didn't anyone want a snowday coconut????)

In the next post I will talk about real things. I have some real things to talk about.

2 comments:

JonJon said...

Um, is the previous comment just the word SEX over and over again in different languages?

I'm kind of jealous of your snowmageddon.

Ninny Beth said...

Jon- I'm not sure, but I couldn't delete it just in case it was something written about how I am so sexy sex.