Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday Update: 4:06pm

Here's more proof that 31 is going to be the BEST year ever.

I just checked my US bank account and discovered that my tax return has FINALLY arrived...Right NOW, on my 31st birthday!!!! I'm older, wiser AND richer today. And not just figuratively. Thank you, Uncle Sam and cousin Jen the brilliant accountant!!!

Also, one of my students, the most timid girl and sister of the artist behind "Faggy Mom" brought me a homemade birthday card. She cried, shook and backed away like she was meeting hannibal lecter when she handed it to me, but it made my day anyway.

Also, one of my coworkers gave me a korean cookbook in ENGLISH! It's the best gift ever especially because every day, I ask the lunch lady to show me how to cook and she just giggles and looks at me like I'm slightly retarded.

1 comment:

carrie said...

happy belate birthday! hope it continued to be a great one!!