Friday, August 15, 2008

Ninny Goes to Japan and DOESN'T see the worlds second largest ferris wheel

I had this brilliant idea that I would see the world's second largest Ferris wheel when I went to Japan. Did you know that it takes 2o minutes to make one revolution in this genius contraption that is second only to the London Eye? Yes, yes, this was going to be my Japanese moment of glory. But then we got there and it was hot. really really hot. And the ferris wheel was 45 minutes away from the place we were staying. And I didn't have a boy to kiss for the 20 minutes of ferris wheel fun. And I'm not a very determined tourist. So I mostly just got foot massages, ate ramen and went to the movies. Here is a brief run down of my trip to Fukuoka Japan divided into "categories of international interest" for your ease and enjoyment.
COII 1: TRANSPORTATION
COII 2: FOLK ARTS and FREAKY STATUES and SHOPPING MALLS



COII 3: MINIATURE JAPANESE FOOD and CRACK JAPANESE FOOD and DAIRY QUEEN JAPANESE FOOD and MOVING JAPANESE FOOD and SECRET JAPANESE FOOD



COII 4: RELIGION

COII 5: CLOTHING WITH BIG ARMS


COII 6: JAPANESE PIRATE MONEY
COII 7: BEAUTIFUL JAPAN (AKA the red light district by day)

10 comments:

Sara said...

Okay, I know this sounds really weird but who are the women who went with you? The one dark brunette looks so familiar.

Sufoot said...

Maybe you should go ahead and email me a copy of that picture of my e-twin and my BFF, mmkay?

Sara, that brunette is my BFF...she's mostly just amazing, is all.

Unknown said...

I get so confused by Asian food and how to get it. I'm no good, if it weren't for you in Korea (and William) I'd have starved to death.

When I go to Japan, meet me over there ok, and then I'll treat you to a taxi ride to the big Wheel....boy not included, darn it!

Anonymous said...

....no piercing?!

Adrianna said...

I'm full of admiration (that's a fancy way of saying jealous) of your adventures. Nice.

Ninny Beth said...

sara- Krisanne Hastings is from Portland (the long and brown hair) and Jill also lived in portland (the red). We all work together in a freaky little tiny world korean-oregon connection.

G- this was the precursor to the sparkle. I just was too lazy to look through all the pictures and post chronologically.

D-believe me, the food in Japan was harder to navigate and I would be a little freaked out on my own, but with three people, it came a little bit easier. We did resort to miniature wendy's food as you can see...mostly because that chili is the SMALL in japan and it's like eating a costco sample.

Unknown said...

Nice. Japan sounds just like home. My sister and I seriously frequent Costco on Sundays and eat Japanese sized meals. We couldn't live without them.

Sara said...

I knew she looked so familiar. We were in a ward together at the BYU. If she still remembers a Sara Booren, tell her I said hello.

Marianne & Clayton said...

What the Eff!?!? How is my former roommate with you in Japan? Jill Bowen was my roommie back at Ricks! I have lost all track of her and her sister Amy. Holy crap! Tell her I say hello and send me her e-mail. If you would. I sound a little demanding there. What a freaking small world. Is she still the most delightfully sarcastic person on the planet? I miss her.

frances said...

re: coii1, transportation:

i am pretty sure i rode one of those bikes on my mission. not a bike like one of those bikes. one of those exact bikes. sometimes bikes go to the train station and never come back, you know? how i loved that bike...