Wednesday, March 19, 2008

an offer you can't refuse

Even if you're new to this blog or you've never met me, this offer STANDS... Read below:

I've replaced the laptop and harddrive now (see last post), even though I feel a bit disloyal to my old electronics and I'm ready to start rebuilding...To that end, I'm starting a song drive called

Songs for Stickers

Here's how it works:

1. You send me some of your amazing music via yousendit or another big file sender. This can be one song, an album or an entire zip of a band that you adore and think I should have. I download it and love you.

2. You send me your mailing address and contact info (my outlook was among the casualties) to karyn.daley@gmail.com

3. I send you via korean mail some very cool, very korean stickers. A different kind of sticker for every artist that you help me replace and/or discover. And we get the chance to connect or reconnect in a genuine exchange of love and music!!!! The grand prize for those who go above and beyond the call of duty in this little project are some truly fabulous Korean StandUp comedian SOCKS. No, seriously.

4. I will let you know periodically what I got so that we don't double efforts.

5. I will worship you in spirit across oceans and thank you personally when I return to the USA next year. In the meantime, I will think of you every time I run across some Iron and Wine or Depeche Mode on my reconstructed itunes.

Wanna play??? I hope so!

I'm pretty sure that I only know people of impeccable musical taste so I'm excited to see this disaster turn into something memorable. If you can't do the music, still send me your contact info. I don't want to lose you in the craziness of the electronic age.

love,KaRyn/ ninnybeth

4 comments:

Adam said...

I sent you a link via e-mail to a folder on my website that I made for you. I've put 12 artists (including a rather popular local artist).

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of MP3 Fiesta? You can get MP3's for $1.00 an album. I'll set you up an account if you don't already have one..
So, sorry to hear the news
xoxo

Kristin said...

I said a prayer that Ninny Beth would get her stuff back. Sorry to hear about your loss. And yes, this is your old mission buddy that still loves to read your blog! you are so talented!!
Kristin

Marie said...

I will get on this sometime this week -- even if I'm too late to win the socks :)