Monday, January 22, 2007

I Am Sorry I Am Leaving

I am sorry I am Leaving
I am sorry I must Go
How I wish you could taste the salt in my tears
Then you'd know, you would know...




How your valley's have held me captive
I've been taken by your dead sea
I long for that Green River to wash me away
And make me clean, make me clean



The voices of your spired city
Sing my name in distant dreams
And I would climb to the heights of your mountain in the skies
to set me free, set me free



Well, I came to you nothing but a child
following your light upon the hill
And I am going out a woman no more haunted by the past
You hold me still, you hold me still



And I am sorry I am leaving
I am sorry I must go
How I wish you could taste the salt in my tears,
Then you'd know. You Would Know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The world will be a chillier place without the sunny, funny NinnyBeth, heart as wide as a Kansas sky. I guess there's always the Hereafter, but I'm not into delayed gratification. Poo on this vale of tears! Poo, I say!