Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My disease is back

I'm fighting off another episode of the pox. It' s really starting to piss me off. I woke up this morning after a rather fitful night of moderate sleep to a puffy left eye with the tell-tale signs of IRITIS. Damnit. This means I have to go to the doctor and get tested for rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. Don't I feel too young to have some weird chronic illness? I think this is a sad punctuation to my earlier post about my genetic failings. I'm trying not to freak out. Everyone in the office is being so kind about it...but I feel like a freak. People get bad diagnoses all the time. my little brother just found out that he has scoliosis. sis's and itis's and any other latin etemological suffixes for flair ups and disease BITE. I think I am going to boycott itis's. Hopefully they will boycott me too.

1 comment:

Adrianna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. It would make me nervous too...and now I'm nervous for you! I'm not gonna leave with you any cliche "don't worry it'll all be ok" nonsense, but if you need anything...let me know. seriously. adri